Best self-balancing scooters
Over the years, more and more means of entertainment have been released on the market. As you may very well be aware of, technology took a significant leap in the last 30 years or so, and I am only referring to means of entertainment. However, one of the things I am talking about was released in 2015, if I am not mistaken, and it has taken over the market. I am referring to self-balancing scooters, otherwise known as hoverboards.
I do not think I have to explain what a self-balancing scooter is because you must have lived under a rock to not know what it is. Even so, for the sake of people who have not been paying attention to trends, a self-balancing scooter or a hoverboard is an electric device that has transportation capabilities. It is some sort of Segway, but without the handles. To operate it, you need to mimic the moves as if you were hovering, hence the name. Your slight movement forward will enable the device to move forward. The same principle applies when you want to go backward or make a turn. Basically, you control the scooter with your legs.
There has been a lot of talk about hoverboards, especially among children, adolescents, and young adults. To be honest, I do not think a full-grown adult would use it because while the self-balancing scooter is fun, it can be dangerous. Kids bounce back pretty fast. Adults…not so much.
The thing about self-balancing scooters is that they are faster than you would think. Some of you may mistake it for a toy, which it is, but there is this safety line crossed that turns it into a full-blown means of transportation. The reality is that some people actually use it for their commute. Of course, the commute needs to be short because of battery limitations, but still. A mid-range self-balancing scooter can take you anywhere in an 8-mile radius, which is not bad.
While the self-balancing scooter can be useful, it is mostly used by children. Parents buy it for their kids as a present. At some point, parks were full of kids on self-balancing scooters. The internet is full of videos of people giving their children these devices while they go ballistic. It is entirely understandable. A self-balancing scooter is fun. Some even use to go to school. They left their bikes to gather dust and now ride the hoverboard.
Are there any safety concerns?
The answer to that question is a definite yes. According to consumer reports, there have been numerous injuries related to the use of the self-balancing scooter. Most people who get injured are beginners. It is not that easy to learn how to ride the self-balancing scooter. It takes some time to get the hang of it, and until that time passes, you will gain some bumps and bruises for sure. That is why you should follow some safety guidelines that will prevent severe injuries. Here is what you should do:
- Always wear protective gear – just like when you ride a bike, you should wear a helmet as well as pads for your elbows and knees every time you jump on a self-balancing This will prevent severe injuries from happening. Whether it is you or your kids (especially the kids), never forget your helmet. The contact with the ground at 11 miles per hour is not soft, so to speak.
- Do not exceed the comfortable speed – when you are a beginner, you are tempted to push the self-balancing scooter to the maximum speed. Yes, I know that it is thrilling, and you get a rush, but it can be very dangerous. Wait until you gain some experience before using the self-balancing scooter at its full speed potential.
- Do not use your phone while riding the self-balancing scooter – just as it is not safe to use your phone while you are walking on the street, not doing it while on a self-balancing scooter is imperative. You need to focus your entire attention on what happens around you, not on the screen of your phone. You need to pay attention to people, vehicles, and so on.
What features you should look for on a self-balancing scooter
When you want to purchase a self-balancing scooter, it is very important that you look at the specifications and choose the one that has the features you want and need. You cannot just pick a random product. Establish some criteria and take it from there. Here is what you must consider.
- Safety – safety must always come first, and one of the issues with self-balancing scooters is the overheating. A lot of self-balancing scooters have been taken out of the market because they would become overheated, thus a problem for the user. Always look for safety-certified self-balancing scooters so that you do not injure yourself because of the manufacturer’s fault.
- Range – battery life is very important, especially if you use the self-balancing scooter to commute. It needs to have a lifespan that suits your needs. Plus, nobody likes using a device for a short amount of time before charging it again. The range of self-balancing scooters you find on the market varies, but in my opinion, anything with a range below 8 miles is not worth buying. Then again, that is just me.
- Maximum speed – not all self-balancing scooters are made to reach the same speed. Some are faster than others. However, in my opinion, a decent self-balancing scooter needs to reach at least 7.5 miles per hours. Otherwise, it has the same speed as a person who walks at a high pace. It is just not worth the investment.
- Weight capacity – the weight of the user is yet another important aspect. It affects the hoverboard’s battery life, ability to go uphill, and so on. Lucky for you, there is one for everyone. Some self-balancing scooters have a weight capacity of up to 265 pounds, which is something.
- Budget – self-balancing scooters do not come cheap. In fact, they are pretty expensive. And I do not mean the cheap ones you find in stores for little kids. I am referring to mid-range products. One of those can cost as much as $600. Of course, there are more affordable solutions, but do not expect to go as fast and as long as a self-balancing scooter that costs $600.
- Anti-skid pedals – this is a safety feature. Your feet need to be stable on the pedals so that you do not fall on your face. You are already unstable due to the design of the device. Do you really need to slip on the pedals?
What are the best self-balancing scooters?
If you are in the market for the best self-balancing scooter, then you should pay attention to what you want to buy. As I mentioned earlier, buying a random product is a mistake. Read the specifications to make sure that you are purchasing what you want. Reading some self-balancing scooters reviews online could be of help as well. You can find out what other people who bought a particular product experienced after purchase. If you want to take the easy way out, just pick one of the self-balancing scooters presented below.
Swagtron App-Enabled Hoverboard
The first self-balancing scooter that I found to be more than satisfactory is the one produced by Swagtron. It is a mid-range hoverboard, not too expensive, but not too cheap either. Even so, it is a pretty potent product that I think you will enjoy. You can use its Bluetooth capabilities to change modes, access functions, check batteries, and even play music while riding using the app and the built-in speakers.
As for strength, this self-balancing scooter delivers a powerful performance. It is equipped with two 150-watt motors that can achieve a maximum speed of 7.5 miles per hour. It inclines to 30 degrees. It features 3 riding modes, and the maximum capacity it can withstand is 220 pounds. The Li-ion batteries need to charge for two hours, and the energy can last for up to 8 miles, depending on your weight and riding mode you choose.
The construction of the Swagtron self-balancing scooter is durable. The 6.5-inch hard rubber tires are sturdy and ensure smooth rides. The lights will make you visible at night, but they also let others know the direction in which you are going. The product is UL certified. It has passed strict electrical and safety tests so that you can have some peace of mind.
Epikgo Self Balancing Scooter
If you want to buy an incredibly safe self-balancing scooter for your child, then I recommend this particular product. It is a UL certified self-balancing scooter with UL2271 certified smart battery. The product underwent and successfully passed 159 safety tests, and the results showed that there is no fire hazard from overheating. That should put your mind at ease when you buy this as a gift for your child.
The Epikgo self-balancing scooter has more powerful motors than the previous product. It features two 400-watt motors that can climb slopes as steep as 18 degrees. It can keep going for up to 10 miles on a single charge, depending on the riding style and your weight. The maximum weight capacity is 265 pounds.
One of the things that I liked the most about the Epikgo self-balancing scooter is the tire. It is equipped with solid rubber tires for all-terrain purposes. It is rated IP56 for sturdiness and water resistant. It can easily be maneuvered through glass, mud, and sand. The wheels have enough traction, and the motors are powerful enough to take you anywhere. The pedals are anti-skid so that you do not slip, and the size accommodates your feet comfortably. I am sure you will enjoy it and feel safe while riding it.
MegaWheels Self Balancing Scooter
The last item on my list of satisfactory self-balancing scooters is the one manufactured by MegaWheels. It is a more affordable solution than the previous examples. However, I tried to look for a cheap hoverboard that does not lack quality in materials and constructions. This is what I found. It is UL certified for electrical safety standards so that you or your child can ride it with peace of mind.
The MegaWheels self-balancing scooter has two powerful motors that allow you to reach a maximum speed of 7.5 miles per hour. As for range, on a single charge, this model can run up to 10 miles, depending on your weight and inclination if the surface you ride it on.
The quick-charge 36V lithium-ion battery features overcurrent and overcharge protection, and it takes about 3 hours to fully charge. The manufacturer used only high-quality materials, and the pedals are anti-collision, wear-resistant, IP56 waterproof, and the surface has an anti-skid coating so that you do not slip. At this price, the MegaWheels is a pretty good self-balancing scooter.
Depending on your budget, you can buy any of the self-balancing scooters above because they will all meet their purpose. However, if I had to pick just one, I would go with the Epikgo Self Balancing Scooter. I know it is a bit pricier than the other two models, but it is worth every penny. I think it is one of the best self-balancing scooters on the market. I strongly recommend it.
A self-balancing scooter is something that everyone wanted at some point. They have been released a few years back, and there is still a market for them, which only tells you how appreciated they are. They can be useful, fun, and it can make an incredible gift for your child or a friend. I am sure that no matter which one you select, you will be happy with your choice. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Unanswered Issues With Smart Wheel Balance Disclosed
- The Foolproof Electric Scooter Board Strategy
- The Biggest Myth About 2 Wheel Electric Scooter Exposed
- A Neutral View of Self Balancing Scooter for Sale
- Whispered Segway Scooter Secrets
- Top Balance Board Scooter Reviews!
- The Lost Secret of Electric Hoverboard
- The Self Balancing Scooter Cheap Game
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Two Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Smart Board Scooter
- A Review of Two Wheel Self Balancing Scooter
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Self Balancing Hoverboard
- Things You Should Know About Smart Self Balancing Scooter
- The Most Overlooked Answer for Two Wheel Board
- The Definitive Strategy for Hoverboard with Wheels
- The Hidden Facts About Smart Balance Board
- The Unusual Mystery Into Hoverboard Reviews
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Smart Balance Scooter
- Key Pieces of Smart Self Balance Wheel
- Reported Hype on Hoverboard Scooter Uncovered
- The Insider Secret on Smart Scooter Exposed
- Want to Know More About 2 Wheel Scooter?
- 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter – the Story
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Best Hoverboard
- Top Guide of Balancing Scooter
- What Everybody Dislikes About Two Wheel Scooter and Why
- The Biggest Myth About Self Balance Scooter Exposed
- The Little-Known Secrets to Self Balancing Electric Scooter
- Balance Scooter: No Longer a Mystery
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Self Balancing Board and What You Need to Do Today
- The Key to Successful Segway Hoverboard
- The Unusual Details Regarding Hoverboard Segway Most People Do Not Know About
- The Secret to Segway Board
- Self Balancing Scooter Help!
- Thoughts on Hoverboard in Simple Step by Step Order